Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Decorating

Well, we got our Christmas Tree up!

The house is decorated and we enjoyed Christmas Music, dancing around, putting up ornaments, hot chocolate, eggnog and s'mores.


The fire was blazing and keeping the house nice and toasty warm.

(Well, it was blazing and toasty the other night! LOL)
It was a wonderful evening. Unfortunately, I was still a little under the weather so I did not get the camera out. I will try to take pictures of the tree later and upload them. But for now, we are enjoying the twinkling lights, more Christmas music and a game of Nertz!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Nertz! My roommate taught me to play and I used to be the Nertz champion! I've been teaching my son to play...he's the only one interested! ;)
I'm so glad you are feeling better...I've been praying too!
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should mention I'm the Laurie above...lahbluebonnet! lol
Blessings,
Laurie

Rebecca said...

Oooh! You're making me want to get to the tree farm NOW!!! I keep thinking there has to be snow first (I'm in MI, so it's usually the case), but really, all you need are the lights and the music. The snow will show up eventually.

(here through TOG lt)

Gilda said...

Laurie,
Our Nertz games are really rather tame right now as my kiddos are just learning. But, in my college hayday they were really a loud, fast ruckus that was tons of fun!
Thank you for your prayers. I really am finally feeling like myself again. We even started school again on Monday! WooHoo!

Gilda said...

looneymom,
How I wish we could go to the tree farm. Unfortunately, most of my family is allergic to trees so we have to settle for our artificial one. Sigh, but we are glad to have it up!

Anonymous said...

For the wreath problem, could you find a fabric that matches the wall and drape it behind the wreath or attach it permanantly to the wreath?? Hot glue & I are good buddies!

Melanie said...

Barbara, I was thinking something similiar. Perhaps a giant bow in a beautiful fabic with the ends hanging down through the circle of the wreath. Gilda, you must post the fix to this problem when you get it figured out!

With Joy,
Mel in HI who also has one of those tech savvy dhs!!