Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas Wreath-What would you do???

Okay, I need you creative guru's. While decorating our home for Christmas we ran into a unique problem. We usually have a beautiful picture hanging above our fireplace in the family room. It is of a lovely outdoor tea party with the saying,
"May God bless our lives with a fragrant measure of His love and our home with the treasure of His peace" and the scripture " In the presence of the Lord there is fullness of joy. Ps 16:11
It is really a very relaxing site to gaze upon. During the Christmas season we have a huge wreath that hangs above the mantle. It is really very pretty. However, when we remove the picture and hang up the wreath we get this:



The picture usually hides the projector my dh has put in the wall. However, the wreath does not. Any suggestions on what I can do to "dress-up" this problem?
Does anyone else have such a tech-savvy dh and all the blessings that come with that? *smile*

5 comments:

Angi said...

what about cutting a piece of poster board to the size of the wreath (just smaller than the outer circumference, but larger than the inside, and either adhere it somehow to the wreath or else just taping/thumbtaking it up behind the wreath to the wall (wreath to cover the edges of the poster board.) While it won't be the exact white hue of your wall nor whatever texture may be there, the posterboard will be inconspicuous for the most part.

Just a thought!

Pam said...

You could try hanging a mirror inside the wreath. Or if you have a large enough mirror, hang the wreath OVER the mirror. I've seen that done and it really pops!

Anonymous said...

I would hang or prop a picture within the opening of the wreath. It could be a lovely family Christmas picture (perhaps taken with a digital camera in front of the tree or at the mall or somewhere festive) then taken to the store to blow up. Make sure it's not too big. I'd get a frame that would look gorgeous in the wreath and fit, and enlarge the picture to fit the frame. Or I'd get a fun holiday sign somewhere to insert in the wreath. But with as fancy as the wreath looks, if it was me, I'd get a great frame and do a great family Christmas shot! Have fun!
Blessings,
Laurie...lahbluebonnet

Gilda said...

Hey all,
You have given me some great ideas. The poster board wouldn't work unless you knew where to get giant pieces of poster board. The wreath is really large. I love the idea though. I also like the mirror idea but that is the same problem as the poster board. The opening is about 8X12 so I am lookng for something that can be framed. I love the idea of the family picture. I will have to think on all of these. In the meantime, I have a hole in my wall with a lovely wreath around it! LOL

Melanie said...

well, just brainstorming here, but how about sheet rock or wallpaper the same color (or painted the same color) as your wall and then attached to the back of the wreath? I know it would be a lot of work this year, but it would pay off in years to come (at least until projectors go out of style, lol---because we all know wreaths NEVER will!)