Saturday, August 16, 2008

Where have we been???

Well, here I go again. I have not updated my blog in about a month and a half. Well, let's see if I can sum up. The last I blogged was on July 2. Since that day I have celebrated the 4th of July with some dear friends. We went to a local park and were able to see the fireworks up close. It was a spectacular display. Pictures you ask? Well, I thought my camera was broken. I think, however that it was the lens that was broken. I can use the telephoto lens just fine but the regular lens seems to be having trouble. What do you expect when it was dropped! LOL
We also were blesssed to share our house with another family for a couple of months. They are friends from college moving back to Dallas. They stayed with us to job hunt and buy a house. Needless to say we had a full house!
They had moved in the week we went to JAM camp.
July 19-26- The girls and I left for NEXT camp. This is our teen camp that we run up in Colorado. It was a fabulous week of daily worshipping and learning about the Lord along with whitewater rafting, hiking, zip lines, and high ropes courses. It was a busy and very relaxing week.
When we returned we had only a few extra kids at this point as the parents left to go pack up their apt. and move their stuff down to move into their new home.
We began school immediately (well, part-time school) while we unpacked and planned to wash clothes. Did I say planned? Well, the dryer vent needed replacing so we had to hold off for a bit but made up for it the rest of the week.
That about brings us to the first of August. Today is the 16th so what did we do????
Oh, I remember. We did take some time to allow our guests to get moved out. We went to the movies, went swimming, did school, relaxed a bit.
So, we are now to this past week.
On Thurs. A had her wisdom teeth pulled. We were so blessed that 3 came out very easily but the fourth tooth had to be cut out. She doesn't remember anything but the first numbing shot. She was a trooper and did beautifully. Here she is with her "swollen" cheeks. Yes believe it or not she is swollen here. She is so thin that unless you know here it is hard to tell.


After taking care of Amanda and getting her settled and after much stressing about school planning, getting the house back together and getting ready for another school year to start with all that entails, I finally broke down, went to Phillip and said I desperately needed his planning skills. I am NOT blessed with scheduling and planning, I am more of the spontaneous, seat of my pants type of gal. You must understand how desperate I was to seek his help. I would not under any other circumstances ask for his help because he willingly and excitedly gives it. Did I mention I am NOT a scheduled type of person. Anyway, after he was able to tie me down so we could work on it he scheduled out my next 3-4 weeks. See the next post for how that went!

No comments: