Sunday, February 15, 2009

Boys and Sam Moon

January 2009
Boys are a new experience to me. Although I have had boys now for 11 years as they grow I learn more and more. Thus far my boys have been more joy than I could have ever imagined. I was one of 4 girls. My first 2 children were girls. I know how to do girls. Boys, on the other hand, are a learning experience for me. The younger ages, though busy and full of energy, were exhausting but fun and fairly easy. However, as my oldest is transitioning from boy to young man, I am having to learn to treat him differently. He is patient, kind and understanding. He "tolerates" his mom a lot. Every now and again he shows his growth into a young man in his understanding and patience. He is an excellent big brother to my youngest and amazes me over and over again at how much he can tolerate in a house full of women. For example, my sister came for a visit. She and my neice wanted to go to Sam Moon. My two daughters and I thought this was a great idea. A store full of purses, jewelry and accesories, who could resist? Well, I am certain my boys would have if it were possible.But, since the boys were already with us and it was a considerable way from our home they "tagged along".
One thing I do know is that gameboys are a good thing to let them bring when we will be shopping. My oldest son is very good at occupying my youngest. They take their gameboys, find a quiet corner and patiently wait for "the girls" in their family to finish their shopping. After enjoying a time of shopping with my sister, neice and daughters this is what I found....


We can learn from boys. Today we learned how to make the best out of an "unpleasant" situation. LOL!

NOTE: As we were walking out of Sam Moon my oldest son C told me that I "owed him big". R jumped right in and said, "Ice Cream!" To which C responded, "Be quiet! Think bigger!" LOL!

They did tolerate a lot of shopping that day and so we did "pay them back big".....It was Cinnabon for all~!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

LOL! Looks like our boys. They always have a hand held device of some sort when we head to town for the day.