Monday, May 25, 2009

Cinderellas and Cinderfellas

May 23, 2009
I have been meaning, for some time, to complete my Spring Cleaning that was interupted by multiple cases of strep throat. Well, everyone is better so we decided to tackle one room at a time. Being the practical individual that I am, I decided to start with the most difficult room, the kitchen.
We had tile flooring put in several years ago. Well, for some unknown reason the people who installed the floor did not seal the grout on the floor nor did they find it necessary to mention this fact to us. So, needless to say, the grout on the flooring needed to be sealed but needed to be clearned before we could do this. So, off to work we went.

Everyone participated. I know you only hear it in horror stories, but I really did have the kids scrubbing the floor with toothbrushes!
The windows needed cleaning both inside and out.

I was really proud of all the kids. They all worked very hard.

And they all had great attitudes!

Lest anyone think I am a slave driver, I too, worked very hard. The kids got a good laugh at this picture. LOL!
I worked really hard! LOL

At one point as I worked to clean the underside of the windowsill I realized just how cool the floor felt. I mentioned this to the kids so they joined me.
We worked on half the kitchen floor, took a break and then finished the other half. We decided to run to the park for a late lunch at the creek. It was a very nice break.
After lunch we enjoyed skipping rocks, fooling around and relaxing.

Later we went to the park, played and took pictures. I will post those later. After we got home and showered everyone relaxed.
It was a very productive and relaxing day.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

It's great to see family working & playing together!

Lepidoptera said...

Cleaning grout with a toothbrush brings back memories! A little baking soda, a little water, and a lot of elbow grease makes a big difference. We did our Spring cleaning earlier in the year after our schoolwork was done. I found my incentive and off we went. Since then I do not know where that incentive went??? Hopefully it will return by next Spring if not sooner. :-)

Autismland Penny said...

Next time my kids complain that I am working them too hard, I'm showing them this picture! lol Sounds like a great day!