Friday, May 02, 2008

Another Week Goes By

I just realized it has been almost a week since I last blogged and it was a blogging marathon. So, I thought I would do a quick update and add pictures tomorrow.
Sunday-Sunday Morning Worship, out to lunch, a quick run to drop off the boys at Planet Pizza for a birthday party, quick trip to Target to buy the birthday gift, run to Home Depot to pick up the soil for our garden, pick up boys and back home. Enjoyed the family at home.
Monday-School, Migraine. That about sums up the day.
Tuesday-Got the kids school started. Went shopping and out to lunch with a friend for a free birthday lunch. By the time I got home I was fighting to keep my stomach from a tummy bug. Unfortunately these cause stomach pain and so I took pain meds. The kids watched movies. That about sums up Tues.
Wednesday -Up and going. Ladies Bible Class. The girls do the child care for the young moms. Ran lots of errands. Library. Realized we had not taken bluebonnet pictures this year and went off hunting bluebonnets. It is really late so we did not find any but did find a patch of wildflowers. I will add the pictures to another post sometime this weekend.
Thursday -Got the kids started on school and left for a "Gastric Motility Test". The endoscopy revealed that my stomach is not emptying very quickly and this test should help determine why. It was a very easy test. I had to eat radioactive scrambled eggs and then have an x-ray of my stomach taken every 15 min. for the next 2 hours. The good thing is that I was able to do a lot of Bible Reading in between x-rays. It was wonderful to be able to have that focused time. Had lunch with Phillip and came home to nap. Didn't get to nap. Started having pain which I believe is a ruptured cyst on my ovary (unfortunately I am very familiar with this pain), off to doctor who drew some blood, ordered pain meds and ordered an ultrasound. Went home, took pain meds. So much for Thurs.
Friday -feeling much better but very sore. Got the kids started on school. Went to meet my accountability partner for our weekly meeting, took the kids to the park to meet with co-op moms and friends, thought we lost a child. Thankfully his mom had him at the bathroom. C found "an exoskeleton of a crayfish". Can you tell he is homeschooled! LOL! "A" caught minnows to add to her animal collection here at home. It was a beautiful day at the park. Unfortunately since this was a last minute decision I did not have my camera. Sorry, no pictures. After the park I went to my ultrasound appt. It went well, results next week.
On the way home I witnessed an accident. Thankfully everyone was okay. Picked up some things for dinner, grilled and watched a movie with the kids. So, here we are at the end of another week.
I hope to be home next week to "Home" school. Thankfully the kids are old enough to get some schooling done on their own. But, I will be really glad to be home with them to get more schooling done.
Mom and Dad, I will try to call to fill you in tomorrow. Don't worry!
Hopefully I will get some pictures up some time tomorrow. All in all, it HAS been a pretty good week, but I am really glad it is almost over.

No comments: