Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wednesday- What more can I say?

5-28-08
This past week I have been gone from home a lot. The kids have missed me and everytime I walk out the door it is to very sad faces asking me if I have to go. Well, today I didn't HAVE to go so I cancelled my morning meeting to be with the kids. We did school, continued working on decluttering our home and then had a picnic lunch at the park.
While we were walking to our picnic area J found this huge dandilion.

Here she is with it up against her hand to give you an idea how big it was.

J,C and R all blew it away together. Unfortunately I missed the picture of that one!
We then enjoyed a picnic in the shade.

After lunch we were going to skip rocks in the river but it was too muddy from the rain so we just went for a walk in the park. I love that I can do this with my kids in the middle of the day. It was fun to just be with them.
Well, tomorrow is another day. We will see what it holds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gigantic dandelion! Gilda, you've inspired me to plan a picnic lunch. It's finally getting warm enough in our area:)

Gilda said...

Heather,
I say "Go for it!" I just love this time when it is warm enough to picnic but not too hot. In just a few weeks it will be too hot here so I need to take advantage of the good weather.