Saturday, May 17, 2008

Home to Home School

This week we have had an interrupted week. We have a friend's precious dd in the hospital stuggling with pneumonia. She is a very sick little girl and is in the PICU. Please keep her in your prayers. She has been there for 2 weeks and still has several more weeks in the hospital. My youngest calls her "G". I have been going to go visit her and her mom, but not as much as I would like to.
I have spent a lot of the week getting my house back in order. After healing from surgery physically I realized I was also battling healing from the surgery emotionally. So, I talked with Phillip and asked for help. He, as usual, jumped right in to encourage me and help me get through the "funk" (for lack of a better word) of post-surgical healing.
So, I have stepped up to my place as Keeper of my home. We have a menu plan and groceries, we have begun spring cleaning and putting away fall/winter clothing and getting rid of that which no longer fits. I have made meals most days for most meals. Yeah!!!!
I have caught up with medication orders I needed to make for my kids, appts. scheduled or re-scheduled as needed, ran J and C to the orthodontist, made it to the doctor myself and am generally getting back in the swing of things.
Wednesday- we had our last day of our Ladies Bible Class. It was fun as we simply had fellowship together. We went out to eat and then came and played a great game called....hmmmm....what was it called????? I can't remember! LOL
Well, I need to find out the name because if was such fun and is an excellent game for getting to know each other better. Then I ran to the hospital, then to the library, never made it to the bank and finally home later that evening.
Thursday Ran to the hospital, visited with my accountability partner, came home, cleaned up a bit and had a book study with the ladies from my homeschool co-op. We are going over the book "Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe". I will review the book when we are finished and maybe even try a giveaway! I have not done that before but would like to try.
Friday- Well this was appt. day. We ran from one appt. to the other and then we ran to see "Prince Caspian". We loved it!!!! Since it is so new out I will not say much about it. But, we will be using it to study some biblical principles we saw in the movie in school come Monday. All of us, including Phillip, got to go. We love C.S. Lewis and were very much looking forward to this movie coming out. There are so few movies we can take the kids to without previewing it first. I will say that my kids are older and I would be cautious taking little ones because the battle scenes, though not gory or bloody, are a bit more intense.
Saturday-Today we worked on the house and the garage after sleeping in and having a late breakfast. We are now enjoying the fruit of our labor and just generally relaxing as we wait for friend to join us for dinner tonight.
Not much exciting in the Martin household but it has been a good week.

No comments: