Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hawaiian Falls 5-19-08

Every year the water park "Hawaiian Falls" has a Home School Day. We love to go on this day as it is not crowded and the kids can go on all of the water slides and rides as often as they like. The only bad thing about it is that, since it is so early in the year, the water is ICE COLD!!! It takes a bit to get used to. The kids however didn't mind at all. Here they are in the Wave Pool. It is like the surf coming in on a beach. J and C were in it for sometime. This pool was shallow and so it was warmer.
I caught J and R coming out but they don't look so warm to me.

Here are A and R....well, at least the bottom half of R. LOL!

At one of the pools in the park there is a crossing challenge. They have to cross over several flotation devices in the form of wood and logs. Three of the four gave it a go....
Here is R's attempt. He started out a little slow.

But, then picked it up quite a bit.

Earlier he had done this without batting an eye and was so quick I didn't get a picture!
Here is J's attempt. She did great until the very last step and fell in! But ever the go-getter, she went around and tried again with no problem at all!

Not to be outdone, C went and made it across too!

Where was I during all this excitement? I was lying in an inner tube going round and round on the "Lazy River"!
All in all it was a good day. I only wish we could do it later in the summer. The kids kept saying that you will get used to the cold water and then you won't even notice it. Well, I don't think I got used to it, I think I went numb! LOL!

No comments: