Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What are little boys made of....

Can you see it?


"What?", you may ask, "is this?".
Well, it started off with a distraught young man coming to me to tell me he was NOT doing what he was supposed to do. He confessed that he was throwing a screwdriver like a knife and......well.....he missed his intended target and got, you guessed it, the wall.
What you see is a nice hole in the wall put there by an errant screwdriver. LOL!
I assured him that I understood it was a mistake but that his father would need to be told.
His father laughed first and said, "it is in the nature of boys to use things as knives". However, he also said that "if a boy was going to succumb to his nature then he was also going to be repairing the wall!".
However, the story continued to unfold. When the young man's sister heard the story she told him, "You were supposed to be throwing it at the cardboard box!" Then she proceeded to explain how she had been throwing it at the box and not missing. When I realized she could have been the example my son followed I immediately asked who put the first hole in the box to begin with. Both the oldest son and the youngest daughter pointed in opposite directions directly at their little brother who was in the middle of them! LOL!
When said son realized he was being accused he exclaimed "All I did was poke it, I didn't throw it at the box!"
So there you have it. A day in the life....Kids, you gotta love 'em!

No comments: