Saturday, January 03, 2009

Holiday in the Park at Six Flags

1-02-09
We have made several attempts to attend "Holiday in the Park" this year. We finally made it and it was the most beautiful day we could have gone. The weather was perfect and the park was not crowded. We were able to take a couple of the kids "cousins" with us and so it was me and 6 kids. What a blast! We started our trip on the carousel like we always do. However, those pictures are on another camera and I have learned that if I wait to blog until I get all the pictures it will never happen. So, here are a few highlights of our day.
Here are the kids on the Teacups. I love this picture!

While some of the other kids rode the Superman, A and R rode the "Gunslinger" or "The Big Swings".

Snow Hill is part of Holiday in the Park. It is some of the only "snow" we will see here in Texas. As you can see by the short sleeve shirts it was not exactly snow weather. LOL! I went down first so I could take pictures.






The Tony Hawk is a new ride. We all wanted to ride this one. It was so much fun. Here are the girls who rode in one car....

and the boys and I rode in the other.

Most thrill rides at Six Flags have a station on the ride that snaps pictures as you are riding. However, they have stepped up the pictures on the Tony Hawk. On this ride there are four seats. Two seats facing two other seats. In the middle of the four seats are 2 video cameras. One facing the first set of seats and the other the second set. The boys said the ride was okay but watching me scream made it all the more fun. Thankfully, the cameras were NOT operating that evening. God is good. LOL!
After the Tony Hawk, we only had 15 minutes left to closing so we ran across the park to ride the Yosemite Sam. This is a boat that floats you through a Looney Tunes story of Yosemite Sam stealing the gold. Well, it was definitely relaxing.

After the Yosemite Sam I had promised the kids Funnel Cakes for dessert. We had 4 minutes until the park closed. Where do you get Funnel Cakes? Back at the opposite end of the park from the Yosemite Sam! So we were off and running again. I definitely had my workout for the day.
Here they all are enjoying their funnel cakes and a wonderful ending to a wonderful day at Six Flags.

No comments: