Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Smart Cookies...

Mom: J, we need to get you through Algebra 1 so you can take the PSAT next year.

J: What's the PSAT

Mom: It is the pre-SAT. Remember you need to take the SAT for college. If you do well on the PSAT you can get scholarships etc.

J: Really?

Mom: Yes, I was a National Merit Scholar and was automatically accepted into the colleges I applied for and received a few full scholarships.

J: (Looks at mom amazed or shocked, one of the two)

Mom: I know I may not look like it but your mom is one smart cookie.

J: (pointing to self) smart cookie!

C has walked in during the end of this conversation....

Mom turns to C: C, are you a smart cookie?

C: I'm a tough cookie,... but I don't know if I am a smart cookie.

At this point all I can do is laugh. How does he come up with these witty replies so quickly? LOL!

No comments: