Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tim Hawkins Live

We were blessed with the opportunity to see Tim Hawkins Live tonight. He is such a great comedian and seeing him live is an experience! He did a lot of his material from his most recent DVD "I'm No Rockstar" , but he had some new stuff too. His physical comedy just makes his show.
The kids all wanted to meet him and get his autograph. J got an autograph for herself and for a dear friend . When she told Tim she wanted it for her best friend he signed it, "Hi Emily!" Tim Hawkins. Now imagine him saying it as he signed with a big flourish to his signature.

C told him to just sign Tim Hawkins to which he replied, "Why didn't I think of that? I was going to sign another name. James Burley!" As you can see he had the boys cracking up.





Phillip asked if he could take a picture with all the kids and Tim was so gracious and jumped right up to pose with them. As you can see, He was classic Tim Hawkins!


We all had a great night with lots of laughs. If you get a chance to see him live, I recommend you go. We also got to see Cleto Rodriguez who is another comedian that performs with Tim Hawkins and the improvisational group HimProv . Tim used to perform with Himprov before he moved on. If you get a chance to see them they are fun and quick with their wit.



3 comments:

CAB said...

Do you live near me? :)

I think he was doing a show not too far from me this past weekend, but I was afraid baby would come and didn't ever buy tickets - argh - I'm glad you got to go and had such a fun time - if we'd gone, maybe I would've gone on into labor from laughing :) Ah well!

Gilda said...

He performed in at the Benttree church. Are you close to it? We really enjoyed the show. Any news on the baby?

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What a fun outing! I would love to do that....now did he sign his favorite Bible Verse too? ::snort:: ::hiccup:::