Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Catch up

Since I see Monday as the first day of the week, Sunday is my wrap-up day. We started the week cold and icy which turned out to be a good thing. It kept us home, by the fire and all working well on our first day back to school.

The kids were focused and worked really hard on their school work and were up most days doing their schooling without any prompting from me. I was sooooo proud of them.
We didn't really get out the rest of the week except for our usual bible studies etc. but we have had a lot of family time together.
We have introduced the kids to "Hogan's Heroes", an old sitcom about a WW 2 POW camp. The kids needed a little background and an understanding that this show is a comedy and in NO WAY reflects the truth of the matter. However, we don't really hit WW 2 until next year in our studies.
Today we enjoyed worship and fellowship and then came home and napped and relaxed. When I woke up it was back to the Christmas decorations. It took awhile and the effort of all involved but we did get it done.



All in all it was a really good week. I need to get prepared for next week. I also have some further musings on the New Year and Resolutions, habits, thoughts but that is for another post, another time.

No comments: