Monday, March 10, 2008

The GeTOGether!!! 3/1/08

Earlier I blogged about an event that happened last weekend called a GeTOGether. This was a gathering of 30 women who have known each other for several years but have never met. “How is this?, you ask. It is all thanks to the internet. We all belong to a homeschool yahoo loop. We have shared over the years about our homeschooling trials and joys. But, we have also shared each others lives. We have prayed with each other and for each other. We have shared each others struggles and joys. We have welcomed new babies, cried at family losses, vented our frustrations, encouraged during difficult times, and laughed through the good times. So last Saturday night I got to meet some of my dearest friends for the first time. Here we all are......
FAMILIAR STANGERS

Notice how we realize who each other is. We all have name tags and as we read the tags we are finally able to put faces to the names we have known for so long.



Some of the ladies have become so dear to us as we shared trials together. Here I meet Marsha. Marsha who my family prayed for, for months. Marsha who I would weep for and encourage as she walked through one of life’s most difficult trials, losing a loved one. I called many of you to pray for her and her family and you faithfully prayed. Meeting her in person was more joy than a heart could bear and you see it spill over in our tears.


Here I get to meet our illustrious leader Dody, the woman who started it all when she gathered some friends together for mutual support through our homeschooling journey.

Dody is moving on to the next adventure God has planned for her so she has handed down the reigns to Mel.
Here I am meeting Mel!

We all went to eat and enjoyed getting to know each other better. (Or should I say, getting to know each others faces better! LOL)
After dinner we went back to the hotel where they were staying and just shared information and lots of laughter!



Lots of pictures were taken. But one picture we really wanted was a group picture of our moderating team. Our moderating team are those ladies who help Dody run the list on a rotating basis. Here we are in all our glory.
Guinever, Gilda, Cathy, Mel, Dody, Becca, Marsha and Laurie

After lots of laughs, sharing and pictures it was time for me to head home. After all, they would all be at my house in the morning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was exceedingly glad to finally meet you!
Blessings,
Laurie

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

AMAZING! It looks so fun and I'm impressed how it all came together. In fact, I will have to pick your brain for ideas.....

Kristine said...

Gilda!! This must have been so amazing to meet each other in such a nice sized group! I've met 8 or so SHS ladies, but always just one at a time (Dody included)! A blessing to be sure, but it'd be wonderful to have a larger gathering such as you did!