Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunday Brunch 3-2-08

Early the next morning Dody, Kat, Becca and Corrine showed up to prepare for our brunch and praise and worship. Here is part of the spread. It looked fabulous. I didn’t do any of this. These women are amazing!


At 10am the rest of the gang arrived.

Time to eat!

Here Dody is pointing out the different fruits. We had Pineapple brought in from Hawaii and oranges straight from Florida. We also had a wonderful coffee blend from Hawaii that Mel was gracious to leave with me to enjoy later!

This was some of the most wonderfully sweet and juicy pineapple I have ever had! Don’t believe me? Ask Kat!

Here are just a few pictures of some of the ladies. There are so many others but can you see those smiles! What joy it was to have this time together.



This beautiful plant was sent to me a few days earlier and was presented to me to say thanks for offering my home. What these ladies don’t realize is that I needed no thanks at all. I was so blessed to have them in my home and would do it again in a heartbeat! But thank you for the beautiful plant. I will cherish it always.

After brunch we all settled down for a time to praise and worship our King, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is the common bond that made all of this possible. Here we were able to have a small taste of Heaven.

Nothing more beautiful than a woman praising God

Praying together

Kat lead our devotional. What an awesome reminder of how our Lord provides for our every need. Not just enough, but abundantly!

After our devotional time we were able to surprise Dody with gifts we had been working on for sometime behind her back! There is no way we could thank her enough for blessing us as she has all these years but we tried!
Here she is receiving her new GPS so she will not get lost in her new role as a REAL-tor!

The "Bless Dody's Socks Off" Scrapbook is presented by Marsha. Thank you so much Marsha and Tami for all your hard work on this beautiful keepsake! Don't you just love the cover!

Finally her is the quilt that was lovingly put together by Laurie and Corrine. Doesn't God so beautifully gift each of us for different things! It was made with fabrics that were sent in by all the ladies. Each scrap signified something that represented them and their relationship with Dody.

After it was all said and done we decided we wanted a group picture. My husband graciously offered to take the picture. How do you get a good shot of 30 women all standing on your stairway????? Take lots of shots!!! Phillip did and here are a couple of the best ones!


With all those women in the house the boys decided they would find a quiet place to hideout. Here is where their dad found them and how they decided to occupy their time. LOL!


We finally had to say good-bye. It was a bittersweet time. The first night I “met” all these ladies it was really surreal. I was meeting strangers I had known for years. By the time we said good-bye I tearfully waved good-bye to dear friends. They were no longer familiar strangers, but sisters to me. Sisters made that way through the common bond of Christ.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of your boys! What a great time we had TOGether!
Blessings,
Laurie

Pam said...

What a beautiful description of that day Gilda! I am so glad I got to meet you and be in your home, I only wish it could have been longer. Praying for your continued recovery!

Blessings,
Pam in SE MI

p.s. I agree that picture of your boys is hilarious!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What an amazing weekend you all had. The photos are great.