Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patricks, Chiropractors and Schooling

Today started out well enough. We got up, had breakfast and did some schooling. It felt good to get back to school and the kids were eager to start. It went downhill from there. It was a rough day of trying to get back in the swing of things but we did accomplish some and I am sure tomorrow will be better.
I realized yesterday that some of the pain I am feeling still is not surgical. I am having back pain. As I guard my stomach muscles I seem to be straining my back muscles. Thankfully I have a great Chiropractor and he was able to work on my back withouth causing more pain to my tummy. My back feels better and I am more mobile. Unfortunately, being more mobile encouraged me to be a bit more active. Now I am exhausted. The physical healing is coming along just fine but I can't seem to get my energy level back like I would like. Of course, I do have a wise, loving hubby who keeps reminding me that it has only been 2 weeks since surgery and that I am recovering just as well as I have in the past from surgery. He keeps telling me I just don't remember. Personally, I think I try to forget! LOL
Lastly I realized that St. Patrick's Day is only 6 days away from Easter this year. That seems very strange to me as we discussed Palm Sunday and the cleansing of the Temple leading up to the Resurrection. I struggled with the thought of making green cookies while cutting out palm leaves. Easter is really early this year. I am sure I will adjust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I know, what a week sqeezing everything in! Be careful of your back, and your tummy, and your stamina! Don't overdo it! Praying for you!
Blessings,
Laurie