Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Costochondritis

I woke up this morning with my sternum (breastbone) hurting and pain in my right lower rib area when I breathed. Or, more accurately, tried to breath. It was not severe but hurt so I went about my day. As the day progressed so did my pain so I decided, in light of be sick for the last week, that I had better get it checked out. So, back to the doctor I went. After examination and x-rays it was determined that I have Costochondritis which is an inflammation of the cartilage in the ribs. The good news is I don't have pneumonia and that with pain meds and anti-inflammatory drugs I should get over this. The bad news is I am back to not moving much but at least I feel good. Breathing, coughing and yawning about kill me so I am trying to avoid those activities. Well, except breathing! LOL

The kids summer camp is this coming Monday. I still need to get things ready for camp. I need to get their supplies for camp, get their clothes together and packed, order their asthma meds, get their health cards together etc. etc. So far, this has not been a very easy task this week. But, I have two older dd's who are very helpful and have done what they can. I am so thankful and blessed to have these two precious gifts. They are such willing helpers and I thank God for who they are and who they are becoming.

In the meantime, I am back to not being able to move much. The good news is I feel so much better from the Sinus infection etc. Now, I just hurt. Boredom is setting in. Back to reading.

No complaints here. Just grateful for all the rich blessings God continues to give me.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

UGH.. glad you're on the mend overall. Hoping for a very speedy recovery.