Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My First Book Reviews

The Gates of Zion by Brock and Bodie Thoene


This is the first book in the Zion Chronicles Series. I recently completed the Zion Covenant Series by the same authors. It was about pre-WW2 events surrounding Jewish families. This series continues the story in pre-statehood Israel. It is about the fight for Israel to become an independent nation. The previous series, and a little in this series, gives insight into Jewish beliefs and the different way those beliefs were followed and lived. This book includes a storyline including the Dead Sea Scrolls. This is a FICTION book but does have some historical accuracy in it. I truly have enjoyed the previous series and am finding I am ready for the next book in this series also.


Tilly by Frank Peretti

This book was recommended to me by a friend who lost a baby shortly after birth almost 22 years ago. She said it was a real tear jerker. I enjoyed this book and read through it in an afternoon. I didn't find it a tearjerker, but I understand how my df did. I think it can be healing but do not want to say any more for fear of giving away the storyline. it is not what you think.


No comments: