Thursday, June 14, 2007

Horse Camp

Now this isn't really about horse camp but as I was going to list my daily doings I was going to mention waking up and taking J to her horse lessons. Well, some of you do not know that she is taking lessons. For her 13th birthday we surprised her with a week of horse camp.




Here she is on her first day of camp riding Buster. Can you see that smile! She is in heaven!

Since this was the first time she was really on a saddled horse she really had to concentrate.

When camp was over we determined that this was really a calling and gift for her so we have decided to continue riding lessons for her. So, back to this morning. We woke up and took her to camp where she stays for 3 hours and learns everything there is to know about horses.

After dropping her off I went and had lunch with a friend at La Madeline. She is a gift from God and is my "iron that sharpens iron". I could talk with her all day. I so enjoy her company. She also really helps me to keep my focus on God in all things. Had a great time!

After lunch I picked up J and the rest of the kids. J is volunteering at the library and so we dropped her off. The rest of us went and picked up a few odds and ends that they would need for camp. When we were done we went back to the library to pick up J and then I decided I had done about as much as I could for the day. My ribs were really starting to hurt so I headed home. I had to stop and drop off some prescriptions so the kids would have their meds and camp and then headed home.

After lying down for awhile with ice on my ribs and taking some anti-inflammatory drugs, I was up and going to our small group.

We are home now. I am back to the ice on the ribs but all in all I accomplished a lot today. I don't know how long I am going to have to deal with this costochondritis, but if it is just having to come and rest and ice at intervals I can't complain.
Kids are down and I think I am going to do some more reading.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

The horse camp sounds like so much fun! Glad you were able to be up and about today.

Unknown said...

is this a kids horse camp? it sounds like a great place!