Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What did today look like?

It started out pretty well. I woke up feeling better than I had in couple days and decided to keep my bible study appt. with my friend. She had to drop her son off in my neighborhood so she picked me up. This was a good thing as driving was still out of the question for me.

We are studying the book of James. I have a love/hate relationship with this book. I have been reading it in different versions over the past week. The first few times I read through the book God had me on His potters wheel pounding and molding me pretty hard. Then after doing much work on me the third day of reading He sat me in His lap and let me see all the blessings and promises He gives in this book. All in all it has been a good study but really has me pondering a lot of different things. I have seen many things in a new light reading the book over and over again. Tomorrow I meet with my accountability partner and we will discuss all God has given us. I look forward to it.

When I got home, I was exhausted. So I went back to bed, did some work on my computer and continued reading one of the books on my reading list.

I continued to feel lousy and was beginning to think I was going to have to go back to the doctor tomorrow. I knew I had company coming over that I could not cancel and was trying to figure out dinner. I finally fell asleep. This was a very good thing. Hubby decided we could just order pizza and this gave me time to get ready and I realized I was starting to feel so much better.

We had our company over and had a really enjoyable evening (more on that in my next post).

They have since gone home, the kids are in bed and the house is quiet. I will finish up here and read a little bit more, spend some time in thanksgiving to God for such a wonderful day and for His mercies in healing me.

All in all, a good day.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

So glad you're starting to feel better.