Monday, June 18, 2007

Most of my heart left for camp today.

I watched my dh and 3 of my 4 children drive away today to go to camp. I was fine until my dd who is staying home began to sob as she began to miss her brothers and sister and daddy. Then as I waved good-bye to my oldest son his eyes were so sad. I ran around to the other side of the bus to see my baby sobbing and reaching out for me. My oldest dd came and held him and I was so glad she was going.
I know many wives have had to say good-bye to their dh's for months at a time and I have always hurt for them and cried for them. Today, I watched most of my heart drive away. I knew I would be sad, but I did not anticipate the ache in my heart. I am so thankful that my youngest dd is here with me along with T, who is toddling about and keeping me very busy. It is only for a few days that I will be separated from them but it still makes me miss them so much.
So, that will explain the new ticker. Counting down the days until my heart is restored.
I am so grateful to have a loving God who has put it within us to love so deeply that we might get a small taste of how much He loves us. What a hope we have in knowing Jesus as our Lord and Savior, that no separation will ever be permanant.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I'm a little late reading so I can see they are already back home safe and sound!